15 May 2011

All the future holds

I snuck away this weekend to an undisclosed location and did a ton of girly stuff...facial, wine, amazing food, sleep, coffee, pedicure, haircut. I feel human again, which is a good thing.

I also talked to the guy I am replacing in Afghanistan. He's in the Indiana Air National Guard. He leaves for home this week and the job will be vacant for about a month before I get there. I asked him to start sending me a ton of emails about what's going on there, and today's email included one of my first projects in Afghanistan.

We're building the first all-female security squad in the Afghan National Army...1 female officer, 9 female NCOs and 10 young female soldiers. Twenty more women making a huge difference in a place that, well, could probably use a bit of a female touch.

If you want to know more about the NATO Training Mission Afghanistan (which is who I will work for), you can read here: http://ntm-a.com/wordpress2/

Another amazing day. This coming week is vehicle training. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment