14 June 2011

I can't keep up

I owe a blog post. I get that. Last week we fired heavy weapons all week and did a lot of other things I can't remember because I didn't eat or sleep. I have lots of stories, but this is another insane week here. Today we're learning about IEDs (not good). Then tomorrow we practice mounted combat patrols (which means we go into a vehicle simulator and pretend we are driving through the roads of Afghanistan responding to threats in our vehicles). Then we have lots more training this week before a two day (thank GOD weekend!)

I will do everything I can to get a post up tomorrow or in the next few days, but I can't make promises...and I guess that's how it might be when I get there, too. I haven't checked my email for days. And I can't get to a computer most of the time.

But...I am LOVING life here. And I feel night and day more safe than when I got here. So progress is wonderful, whatever the form! 

No comments:

Post a Comment