08 May 2011

One of the hardest things

Apparently one of the hardest things about being deployed will be that there are always going to be people around, and yet I will still manage to feel lonely.

I have the greatest friends in the world, and I would rather be with them than basically anywhere else. But here eating every meal with the guys, hanging out with the guys in the afternoons, running with one of the guys most mornings, and now watching the guys act like jerks and doing keg stands is just a little too much for me.

I'm ready for girl time. So next weekend I'm headed to Houston. We have two and a half days off, so I will get in a car, drive to Houston, stop at a shopping mall on the way, go to a wine bar, go to hot yoga two mornings in a row, spend a few hours at the spa, and just do girly things.

Phew. This place is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment