07 May 2011

The dark side of the moon

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a little rusty on world geography, so today we'll learn about the dark side of the moon.

First, don't say that I'm going to the Middle East. I'm not. I'm going to Southwest Asia. I'm also going to yet another landlocked country. What you can't see in the Google map is the geography in the middle of Afghanistan - the densest mountains in the world.

Are you wondering why I have two little green letters on the map. One is for me, and the second is for Rob, who just found out he is also going to spend 6 months in Afghanistan this summer. Sometimes we really do get lucky. As you can see, we're relatively far apart, and no, we probably won't see each other often at all (thank goodness for Skype), but it is still nice to know that he's there, in the same wacky time zone.

It's Saturday. I have a great story for later, but for now I have class!

1 comment:

  1. How did you do that? But I guess you won't be able to just get into a car and go see him.
    Miss you

    ReplyDelete