03 May 2011

That guy

I'm sure you expect me to write something about how we finally caught Bin Laden, but to be perfectly honest, I don't have a whole lot to say about it. In some ways, I feel like we just took a big kick at a hornet's nest. On the other hand, I feel much safer knowing that the scum of the earth is now literally lying on the bottom of the ocean.

So for now I'll just focus on getting ready to go to Afghanistan, which if you really think about it, existed well before Bin Laden was alive and will exist for thousands of years after he's gone. The only things I can change (even in a small way) are the opportunities for women and children in a country where I really feel like I can make a difference.

And since I'm not a Navy SEAL sharpshooter, I will just reserve my comments to things I am good at...like talking to people.

Nice to hear that the Navy is good at something this week, though, because the Navy reservists who are here with us are making me completely crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment