29 April 2011

Life in a Trailer Park

Very high on my list of things I never expected to do...live in a trailer park.

If this isn't a funny picture to you, then, well, you probably don't have a sense of humor. Though I have to admit, I was impressed to find AC, flushing toilets and showers with hot water. Somehow I imagined myself sleeping in a tent.

The history of this base is incredible - during Vietnam, there were some million recruits who lived in Tigerland (which is where I am). These recruits, like me, were taught how to survive in combat. I love running down the roads here and imagining the throngs of men (and yes, they were all men) who were here before me.

I get that it's also important for you to visualize where I'm living. It's not an open bay dorm with zero privacy. I'm in a 6 person room and I'm the only one there...so this is my little bed in the far back corner of the room. It's nice, really. And the bed, well, by the time it's time to go to sleep, I'm so freaking tired that I could probably sleep on a pile of bricks...so I have no complaints. Yes, you read that right.

Otherwise, nothing significant to report...I'm a little bored (we have way too much free time on our hands) and I am in dire need of doing something very, very girly. I'll work on that here in the next few days. Here's a hint...doing pull-ups with the boys in the morning isn't my idea of a good time. I'll take a pedicure, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Those trailers look suspiciously like the portable classrooms at my high school.

    ReplyDelete