17 April 2011

Off to war


I bet you didn’t know this about me…I’m on my way to war. Yes, I know, I can see my mother cringing at that line, but let’s just call it what it is.

Last week, I’d just returned from almost three weeks in the States, where I went to a few Air Force classes and visited well over 15 of my favorite people on Earth. That was Monday. By Wednesday, things flipped upside down in a hurry, and I had three days to pack myself up, and head to Fort Polk, Louisiana for Army Combat Skills Training before heading to Kabul for six months. In case you’d like the math there, Saturday morning I said goodbye to Rob and I probably won’t see him for about 240 days.

But now let’s be honest again…after living overseas for six years, practically everyone important in my life is a penpal, with the exception of my husband (and Michelle and her family). Now you’ll all just have to be more patient with me for the next few weeks, because who knows what I’ll find on the other end of this week’s transatlantic flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment