17 April 2011

Starbucks in Louisiana

The craziest thing happened today. We had a personnel briefing to talk about all of the things we can (and can't) do here, and the bottom line is this...I managed to get myself deployed to the Cadillac of Combat Advisor Training bases. We have an MWR "tent" with internet (and a million guys watching basketball). We are the only training base not under General Order One (which means yes, we can drink here). We are the only base where civilian clothes are encouraged ALL of the time when we're not in class (crap! Let's talk about what I did not pack). We can also TAKE LEAVE on weekends. Seriously?! I have a four day weekend for Memorial Day. Darnit. I don't know if I can handle this one :-)

But then it got better...I went to the PX and we have a Starbucks. Oh, and I don't have anyone breathing down my neck all day every day telling me that I suck at my job. So basically, life here is wonderful (if only I could teleport my husband here...)

There is one weird quirk...each service has it's service specific class, and mine is 33 Air Force people who all start training tomorrow. Here are the demographics...32 dudes and me. Sweet. Time to show a bunch of boys a thing or two about what girls are capable of.

I have a mailing address (ask me) and I can buy anything I can dream of (they sell Bliss products in the PX).

Excuse me while I go sun myself. Or relax. Two things I haven't done in wow, I cannot remember how long!

1 comment:

  1. Umm, are you kidding? How did you get hooked up with this place? Bliss products AND Starbucks? You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete